New Industrial Stormwater Track - Call for Papers
August 21 – 25, 2011
Anaheim, CA, USA
Industrial Stormwater Management
This track covers industrial stormwater management and permitting, focusing on publicly and privately owned facilities covered by industrial stormwater permits or EPA’s stormwater multi-sector general permit. Such facilities range from small businesses located in urban areas, such as restaurants and automotive repair shops, to large sites such as manufacturing plants, mining operations, and landfills. Topics in this track include:
* Managing stormwater at industrial and manufacturing facilities
* Stormwater management in the mining industry
* Concerns for oil and gas facilities
* Transportation activities: airports, ports, and fleet maintenance facilities
* Storage and handling of hazardous waste
* Inspecting industrial sites for stormwater compliance
* Integrating industrial stormwater operations with municipal permits
Who Should Submit an Abstract?
* Municipal and industrial stormwater managers—Describe your stormwater program, funding mechanisms, public outreach programs, or NPDES permit process. Share your experiences working with regulators, BMP product vendors, and outside consultants.
* Engineering consultants and design professionals—Share new approaches to stormwater problems, present case studies of interesting projects, or discuss the latest design tools.
* Researchers—Present data on BMP performance, new technologies, or modeling and assessment tools.
* Regulatory personnel—Discuss developments in stormwater permitting, TMDL development, and state and local regulations.
Deadline for Submission
The deadline for submitting abstracts is Tuesday, December 14, 2010. The 2011 conference will feature a total of seven program tracks. Click here or cut and paste the following URL for submission details: http://stormcon.com/conference_call_for_papers.shtm